Yoga & Wellness
Yoga is a comprehensive system, developed around 5,000 years ago in India, is designed to achieve wellbeing on all levels: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.. Today, many millions of people use various aspects of Yoga to help raise their quality of life in such diverse areas as fitness, stress relief, wellness, vitality, mental clarity, healing, peace of mind and spiritual growth.
In Yoga, the body is treated with care and respect for it is the primary instrument in man’s work and growth. Yoga exercises improve circulation, stimulate the abdominal organs, and put pressure on the glandular system of the body, which can generally result to better health. By designing physical poses and breathing techniques that develop awareness of our body, Yoga helps us focus and relieves us from our everyday stress.
Yoga with Dance Movement
Explore authentic dance movement using the five elements of nature and yogic practices. Class begins with the core work, and then move into both structured and unstructured dance elements and the practice will close with asana and shavasana.
Breathing ( Pranayama) Techniques
Pranayam is much more than breathing : You will learn all basic pranayamas and how to develop your practice.
Pure guided meditation practices from authentic texts are taught to manage day to day stress, anxiety and pain.
Chakra Prana Flow Yoga
Work on one of the several chakras and beneficial postures to “attune” that location in the body and mind. Devote special attention to recognizing physical/emotional “blocks” and in turn will assist and guide the practioner to move and turn the chakra in a favorable motion. Visualizations, aromatherapy & mantras will be included in the practice.
This class focuses on evolving to a better life, social relations, professional excellence and awakening to the real you! Regular practice manages stress, anxiety, sufferings; brings inner harmony thereby resolves relationship issues and raises the consciousness leading to greater realizations to one’s self. The first level of the Kundalini Meditation will be introduced through a discussion in every session, followed by the technique and training. Later, discussion of personal problems and experiences is encouraged to ensure that the proper method of handling these matters is provided.
Candlelight Yin Yoga
Yin Yoga is a relaxing, restorative, meditative deep practice that focuses predominantly on “Opening the Hips”. During this time Synovial fluid which helps restore lubrication to the joints is produced. This class is an Ideal practice to cultivate more “Fluidity” in both Mind & Body!
Authentic Pranayam, Meditation and Yog Nidra
This class focuses on Breathing (Pranayam), Meditation (Dhyan) & Sleep (Yog Nidra).
Yin Yoga Nidra
Yin Yoga is a nourishing deep yoga practice that primarily focuses on “Opening the Hips” creating synovial fluid which restores lubrication & improved flexibility. Once the body has been gently warmed & relaxed the class will ease into the practice of Yoga Nidra. This technique enters one into a total mind & body meditation that draws deep conscious relaxation building awareness of body, mind and spirit. This class is suitable for students of all levels.
Mindfulness Meditation Class
This is the practice of paying attention, moment to moment, without judgment learn how to live in the now. We work with our “monkey mind,” and discover the stillness & peace that comes from the present moment.
This intense class will combat any daily fatigue, weariness or dullness. This class is for intermediate-advanced practitioners and will flow through sun-salutations, strength building postures, abdominal work and inversions. The room will not be heated, but come prepared to sweat! This is not your typical yoga class. It will incorporate a variety of teaching practices from Vinyasa Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga and Pilates.
This course emphasizes on breathing, alignment and movement. Learn to focus on the physical and psychological reactions caused by various postures to develop awareness of body, mind and spirit. A systematic method of complete relaxation, utilizing guided imagery and body scanning aids the participant in achieving this harmony.
Careful attention to alignment and the use of both gentle traction and gentle core strengthening will help to relieve discomfort and improve posture while building awareness of body, mind and spirit. This class is suitable for students of all levels.
Candle light Yoga
This type of Yoga is influenced by body prayers, the holding of meditative postures and breathing work. Instructors will utilize incense, scented candles, and aromatic fragrances to enhance the yoga experience.
Core Power Yoga
Core power Yoga will help you become strong and centered. This class will focus on developing core strength in the abdominal area as well as the lower back and side body.
Yoga for Mature Adults
This class is designed to help mature adults maintain vitality and improve flexibility, balance, concentration and strength. Postures are taught with variations suitable for each participant, with attention to minimizing body stress through proper alignment and breathing practices. Body awareness and relaxation are enhanced in an atmosphere of acceptance and community.
Open Vinyasa Style
End your work day and begin to unwind for the evening into easefulness and peacefulness. This class covers all the bases – chanting, vinyasa, a short meditation practice and savasana- the icing on the cake. We will use straps, blocks, bolsters and blankets to facilitate your practice.
This is an advanced class only recommended for those who have had experience with yoga for quite some time and who feel they are ready for advanced poses. In this class you will go deeper into poses and try more challenging poses that would typically not be addressed in a regular yoga level class.
This is a refreshing Hatha yoga class that embraces the essential principles of the science of yoga. Experience the profound benefits of yoga such as increased strength, endurance, flexibility, and reduced anxiety and stress.
This class focuses on the body, breath, brain, mind, emotions and the soul as well focusing on an optimum level of physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual well being 60 minutes
Gentle core Yoga
Take it slow with this gentle approach to Yoga, which allows participants to correctly learn yoga poses, without feeling as if they are straining their bodies. This practice links poses to breathing to reveal body awareness and inner strength. This class is ideal for Seniors and those who want to take a more gentle class to improve general mobility and health and well-being.
This is a complete healing system designed to help maintain a natural healthy state by stretching and toning the entire body.
Vinyasa is characterized by flowing poses and sequences that are linked to breathing. In general, this is a vigorous, more athletic approach to yoga.
60 /75 minutes
Basic Yoga is A systematic introduction to the theory and practice of Yoga for beginners or for anyone looking to renew their practice.
Hot Power Yoga
Hot Power is a series of twenty-six Hatha Yoga postures and two breathing exercises designed to provide a challenging, invigorating, rejuvenating and effective yoga experience. During this 60 minute class, you will get an intense work-out, providing an incredible sense of well being. Conducted in a heated room, Hot power yoga detoxifies the body through perspiration and tones the muscles through the exercises.
A great way to get to know yoga, dive deeper into your already existent practice or even reawaken it is a one-on-one sessions. They are wonderful because they are all for you! A rare experience sometimes. You can schedule them whenever it works for your availability. The sessions are specifically designed for you, whether you’re a member, or non-member, with all your goals and needs in mind.
- Practice proper techniques and alignment
- Learn asanas at your own pace
- Master a challenging pose
- Address specific training or injury recovery needs
- Try something new like pranayama , meditation
This is a private yoga session with the Yogi/Yogini interacting with very small groups of 1-3 participants
* THESE PVT SESSIONS ARE OPEN TO MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS
* AVAIL 5% DISCOUNTS ON BULK PACKAGES OF 5 & AND 10% DISCOUNT ON 10 SESSIONS
Yoga is an adventure that can begin at any stage in life. Throughout this program, your child will develop flexibility and focus as well as learning different calming techniques. These techniques are developmental properties they will need to succeed in life. This program is intended for children who are between the ages of 7 – 11 years old.
Four to Six week program: Class duration: 60 minutes
Shanti Meditation Course
The beginner level Shanti Meditation Course helps in managing stress, anxiety, anger, pain; improves concentration, memory, relationship; awakens to peace (consciousness), harmony; dissolves conflicts and problems in relationship. In addition, Shanti Meditation brings synergy of brain, body, brain and mind, thereby resolves conflicts and sets the path to awakening inner potential for peace, prosperity and success. This course includes:
- Meditation – A joy of Conscious Living
- Five steps of Shanti Meditation
- Managing relationship or awaken to harmonious relationship
- Human excellence – awakening inner potentials
- Applications from pain management to self discovery
Prenatal Yoga course
This yoga program is designed for women who are expecting a baby. The practice of yoga and breathing techniques can help you prepare your mind and body for labor. Yoga postures are gentle ways of keeping your body active and also help in restoring your body shape and in relieving upper back tension after childbirth.
Four to six week program . 60 minutes
YOGA 1 – Beginners Course
Yoga 1 course is the most thorough introduction for a beginner to the yoga practice, or for anyone looking to renew their practice. This 4-week course provides a comprehensive introduction to yoga exercise and its philosophies, including:
- Yoga postures (asanas)
- Breathing exercises (pranayama)
- Relaxation exercises
- Introduction to proper diet
- Introduction to positive thinking and meditation
- Introduction to Mitahara ( Measured Diet )
- Courses are taught in small groups and generally meet twice a week for four weeks or once a week for eight weeks.
Six week courses; class duration: 60 minutes
Yoga + Herb’s Teacher Training Certification Courses aim to provide our students with the foundation to teach skillfully and safely, and with attention to individual voice and style.
- Learning in Small Groups – helps build comfort, familiarity, & ability to absorb learning without losing the professional relationship between teachers and students
- Highly Qualified, Certified, Trained Teachers – High levels of Experience to innovate / customize based on Student absorption levels
- Oodles of Compassion – Through this approach to teaching and learning, you will ‘live’ Yoga during the Course
- All time Access to Teachers for one-on-one and group counselling
- Course Manuals written by Lead Trainers themselves
- Application-based teaching – Emphasis on Bonding & Participative Learning as a vital ingredient in learning
- Continuous Improvement Methodology – Constant Feedback mechanisms for evaluation of course, faculty, students, etc
- Philosophy learning will be also available Online.
LEARN, PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE INNER PEACE AND FREEDOM IN YOU
- Authentic learning from texts & traditions seamlessly integrating styles
- YOU will learn from authentic texts written by great masters for deeper and clear understanding and applications.
- Learning 100 Asana from Authentic Texts to naturally transition to any style
- And create your own to personalize session for your students
- YOU will learn how to empower yourself and your students with ease and effectiveness a personal or group session
- Mindfulness/ Meditation practices supported by scientific understanding
- You will learn relaxation, mindfulness, and Kundalini practices and start transforming yourself during the training. This will help you learn , how to help people suffering from mental challenges and improve mental well-being.
- YOU will co-author pdf books with Lead Teacher during the course as home Assignment
- YOU will educate yourself by co-authoring pdf books during the training to enhance your knowledge and expertise.
- We help students to change to help others to change
- Required Reading : Our fees cover 13 selected reference books which are provided free of cost to each participants
- Yoga Sutra : Hatha Yoga Pradipika : Bhagwat Gita ,Gheranda Shaita & Others texts as suggested by the faculties
Incentive for Enrolled Students; Unlimited access to studio classes during course period .
We follow Yoga Alliance Training Syllabus & Module system and cover Eight limbed path and Six limbed path of Yoga and Hatha Yoga
- Teaching methodology: Sequencing, Manual adjustments,
- Effective communication skills Teaching Practicum, Development and Assignments
- Applied anatomy
- Lifestyle management and wellbeing principles from Ayurveda
- Basic Sanskrit and chanting, Kirtan, Satsang
- Yoga ethics and philosophy
- The business of Yoga
- Vijya Hirani 200 + many yrs of teaching & practice
- Annie Chisholm RYT 200 + many yrs of teaching & practice
- Doree Nissenblatt Carlson RYT 200 + many yrs of teaching & practice
- Carmela Danna 200 + many yrs of teaching & practice
- Angelina Mannino RYT 200 + 3yrs of teaching & practice
- Kristen McIntyre RYT 200 +1 yr of teaching & practice
Yoga + Herbs, 3996 County Rd 516 Suite 110, Matawan NJ 07747
7.00PM – 9.30 PM on each Wed & Fri/Sat
8.30 AM to 4.30PM on 1st Sunday of the month
Registration is ON for TTC-3 ( can begin anytime after 5 registration)
Fees: $3,200.00 includes registration fees, Text Book, Tuition and Practical classes, Assignments, Examination, Exam transcripts, Certificate.
Pay upfront and receive $200 savings. Maximum 3 installments
For Yoga Alliance registered teachers who want to repeat : Lump Sum $2200.00
For non YA teachers who wants to get Yoga Alliance Certified : Lump Sum 2,700.00